Kenneth "Kenny" Burgess was the Reno County Fire District No. 3 chief for 30 years. He officially retired Oct. 1, 2016, after serving on the volunteer department for a total of 45 years.
The fire district wanted to give Burgess one last ride on the fire truck he rode on to his first fire. The truck, which is now retired, carried him to the cemetery. His funeral procession from Nickerson United Methodist Church to Memorial Park Cemetery included numerous local fire and law enforcement vehicles.
He died Feb. 9, 2017, in Hutchinson.
- Flint Hills wastewater injection well application triggers opposition
- Farmers see potential benefits in legalizing industrial hemp
- Holy cow! Two sets of triplet calves born this spring on farms in Pratt County
- Pratt County Extension is considering joining with other counties to form an extension district.
- Two sets of triplet calves born this spring on farms in Pratt County
- Nebraska mayor officially complains to Kansas about smoke
Are you getting the best cash price for your grain?
Enter your zip code:
MACKSVILLE – Edna has been gone five years.
KIOWA - Plum Thickett restaurant was named after the sand hill plums Jane Helmley picks to make jelly.
- By Amy Bickel Staff writer firstname.lastname@example.org
In the far southwest corner of Kansas, residents here who have frequented the new movie theater are educated on this year’s Oscars.
- By BECCY TANNER The Wichita Eagle
INDEPENDENCE - It's time for Laura's house to get a makeover.