Kenneth "Kenny" Burgess was the Reno County Fire District No. 3 chief for 30 years. He officially retired Oct. 1, 2016, after serving on the volunteer department for a total of 45 years.
The fire district wanted to give Burgess one last ride on the fire truck he rode on to his first fire. The truck, which is now retired, carried him to the cemetery. His funeral procession from Nickerson United Methodist Church to Memorial Park Cemetery included numerous local fire and law enforcement vehicles.
He died Feb. 9, 2017, in Hutchinson.
- Downturn in farm economy complicating new Farm Bill efforts
- Help is on the way: Neighbors help through trauma, illness
- 'Little House on the Prairie' cabin in need of makeover
- Management following a wildfire: Effects on vegetation and soils
- K-State’s 40th anniversary bull and female sale scheduled for March 3
- EPA conference will focus on radon risks and mitigation
Are you getting the best cash price for your grain?
Enter your zip code:
MACKSVILLE – Edna has been gone five years.
KIOWA - Plum Thickett restaurant was named after the sand hill plums Jane Helmley picks to make jelly.
- By Amy Bickel Staff writer firstname.lastname@example.org
In the far southwest corner of Kansas, residents here who have frequented the new movie theater are educated on this year’s Oscars.
- By BECCY TANNER The Wichita Eagle
INDEPENDENCE - It's time for Laura's house to get a makeover.