The Kansas Water Office, Regional Advisory Committees (RACs) and Risk Management Agency (RMA) will hold a Water Talks Series in six locations from Tuesday to Feb. 21.
The first of the series will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Cloud County Community College Cook Theater.
Other locations include:
- Goodland, Wednesday, 9 a.m. (MT) at the Northwest Kansas Technical College Auditorium.
- Sharon Springs, Thursday, 10 a.m. (MT) at the Wallace County Fairgrounds, 450 Ramon Street.
- St. John, Feb. 13, TBA
- Garden City, Feb. 14, TBA
- Ulysses, Feb. 21 , TBA
Many RACs have regional goals to enhance the education of all water users on the quantity of supply, sources of supply as well as management practices to conserve and extend the water resource of their region. The first implementation of this goal in 2017 will be the Water Talk Series. This series will roll out the RMA Limited Irrigation Crop Insurance option for producers. It will also highlight the regional goals, updated water resource situation, and tools available to extend the usable water supplies and economic well-being of each region.
- 2017 Limited Irrigation Crop Insurance coverage
- Water Technology Farms
- Regional goals for current and future water supply
- Local groundwater level changes
- Conservation and water management tools
For more information on the series visit: www.kwo.org.