As a way of expanding education on water issues in the state, the Kansas Water Office is having a “Water Talk Series” in six cities this winter.
The fifth of the series will begin at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Finney County Fairgrounds 4-H Building in Garden City.
Producers and stakeholders will hear information important to the coming year that will affect their operations in regards to future water supplies and tools to support reduced water use, such as Limited Irrigation Crop Insurance.
- 2017 Limited Irrigation Crop Insurance coverage offered by USDA – Risk Management Agency
- Regional groundwater level changes
- Water Technology Farm Updates
- Regional goals for Kansas water future
- Conservation and water management tools
The event is also hosted by RMA, Southwest Groundwater Management District No. 3 and K-State Research and Extension Finney County.
For more information visit www.kwo.org.